Saturday, January 30, 2010

Brrrr...Baby It's Cold Outside!

I hope you all have gotten into the swing of these cold and snowy winter days and nights. Try as I may, it's just not happening for me.
I just used to love the snow and would stay out for hours playing, skiing, building snow forts, or having snowball fights with my friends, but as I get older, I'm more of a nice and warm kind of gal!
I don't mind looking out at the beautiful snowflakes and admiring all Winter has to offer, but I prefer to do it from my living room window with a cup of coffee or tea in hand. And I love to see my son making a snowman and playing in all that white stuff as long as I'm standing in the doorway with my camera and slippers, LOL.
This is the way it is and I'm not too proud to say it. "I do not like the cold weather at all!" There, I said it, it's done, and I'm sticking to it. (Although don't tell my son this news cause it would break his heart I'm sure.)

So, here's to all of you. Have a wonderful winter, keep safe and warm, crank up that heat, pour a cup of tea and enjoy!!!

Now I'm off to grab my blankie and read a good book! :)
Danielle

3 comments:

bunny, The Paris House Designs said...

Danielle, you are a riot :). I don't mind the cold but as I get older it does get harder to handle. The only way I can handle it is to dress very very warm, otherwise it hurts my old bones LOL!!
I hope you are well and you are in my thoughts..Stay Warm and keep dreaming of Springtime, it will be here soon....
xoxo

Carma Sez said...

Hey girl! I'm with ya.
Finally emerged from the house this afternoon - but I waited til it was close to 40 degrees first :D

Patricia said...

Wow, I'd trade places with you anytime. I wish it was cold enough for me to snuggle under a blanket near the fireplace and watch a movie with my kids. Not a chance in Houston though. I miss those snow-filled days in Germany when the ground was completely white and we trekked through the snow in our boots and snow suits. I guess I'd have to say, I love the cold!