Monday, May 25, 2009

Let's Remember

To help re-educate and remind Americans of the true meaning of Memorial Day, the "National Moment of Remembrance" resolution was passed on Dec 2000 which asks that at 3 p.m. local time, for all Americans "To voluntarily and informally observe in their own way a Moment of remembrance and respect, pausing from whatever they are doing for a moment of silence."

Here is to all of the men and women who have fought and died for our great country! (And also to the men and women who are STILL fighting the war in Iraq...)
Happy Memorial Day!

10 comments:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Here here!

Magdalena said...

thank you for posting such a meaningful post. Have a wonderful Memorial Day

Pam said...

I totally agree. Thanks for posting the tribute.

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

I had no idea about the 3 o'clock moment of silence. Good thing I'm reading this at 2! I've already had a couple of conversations with my little ones about what today is...but now I'll be sure to have a moment of silence at 3 with them too!
Thanks!

Carma Sez said...

Well said! Did not know about the moment of silence either.

Hope you had a nice holiday weekend.

Veronica Lee said...

Beautiful post. God Bless America!

Mamarazzi said...

beautifully written!!

I am Mamarazzi and I am a Welcomista from SITS. I am here to welcome you to the SITStahood! You are going to LOVE this amazing community of women.

Stop at Dandelion Wishes and say hello and if you like follow me. I do a drawing for fun prizes each month EXCLUSIVELY from my list of followers...just for following, no need to stop in and comment everyday (though you might wanna, but who has time?) just follow...pretty cool right?! yeah, that's how I roll.

Cinder Rail'lee said...

I didn't know about the moment of Silence!
Thank you for sharing that info, and here I thought I was very patriotic!

I wanted to tell you..I have something for ya over at my blog. come by and get it =)

Jenjen @GottaLoveMom said...

We try to start our Memorial Day with attending the early morning parade.
We do have to remember why we celebrate ...
Have a great week!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Nice tribute!

Be sure to drop by my blog and enter my giveaway!